PDA

View Full Version : javascript/ad frame compatibility

caroln242
10-18-2005, 09:58 PM
I recently added a script called Image Thumbnail Viewer II to one of my web pages. The page is on a free GeoCities site which means there is an ad frame on the right hand side.

What I have is thumbnail pics on the left side of the page, which, when clicked, display a large pic on the right hand side of the page.

The script works fine except for the fact the page loads twice...once without a "back" button (script doesn't work) and once with a "back" button (script works). But you have to click the thumbnail twice to get to the page that works, which will be very confusing for users.

My question is this: is the ad frame that GeoCities puts on the page interfering with this script? Is there a way around it? I use the same script on an ad-free Angelfire site and it works perfectly. All I can think of is that the ad frame is messing up the script.

The URL to the page is http://www.geocities.com/caroln242/newmembpicpage.html

(It is strictly a test page and goes no where else.)

When the other page that doesn't work loads, it has the same URL except that after html there is a ? and 6 numbers like html?200176

Thank you for any and all responses.

Twey
10-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Doesn't work at all here.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050922 Fedora/1.0.7-1.1.fc4 Firefox/1.0.7

caroln242
10-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Hmm, maybe the script is only IE and Netscape friendly. Guess I better abandon it.
Thanks.