PDA

View Full Version : Easiest programming language.

JemsRoker
07-05-2010, 01:11 PM
I have an inquiry about the programming language. We know various program for web design. But do you add your experience here about The easiest programming language?
That means, which programming language is most easy for new learner?

traq
07-05-2010, 06:56 PM
it all depends on what you need done. obviously, for web design, you need to start with html. css should be next, or even at the same time. from there, you need to decide what you need - client side? server side? do you have a specific software or existing scripts you need to work with? do you want something open-source? lots of things to consider.

jscheuer1
07-05-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm not even sure that HTML could qualify as a programming language. Even if it does, it's more of a presentational language, and is - to answer the question - in my opinion the easiest language involved with the web.

But I would caution, only my opinion. And you only asked for "the new learner". That doesn't really narrow it down that much. The only truly new learner is a newborn. Everyone else brings something that they have learned before to the table. If you are coming from a background in a more formal programming language, HTML may seem too chaotic to you. You might prefer something like PHP, asp, or actionscript, etc. Even if you have no formal programing language training, the type of person you are might make one language easier for you than another. I learn best by doing and observing. Others are more comfortable reading a book and/or taking a class.

I think that in general HTML, css, and javascript are all pretty easy because browsers tend to error correct a lot for you, and you can immediately see the results of your work in the browser without any special environment or the need to compile anything.

But the same things that make them easy to learn, make them tough to learn right.