PDA

View Full Version : Lytebox and Chrome Problem

alias353
07-02-2010, 08:15 AM
So in a random turn of events, Chrome is turning out to be the problematic browser for my Lytebox endeavors.

I'm utilizing lytebox because I'm using iFrames on this page and I need that slick effect to happen outside of the frame. After troubleshooting for some time and finally realizing you HAVE to have a unique name for your iFrame in order to get the images to display outside the iFrame I've run into a different problem.

Firefox and IE display the pictures outside the iFrame flawlessly. Google Chrome however does not instead clicking on the pictures has them loaded just like a normal image link would respond, this being depending upon the target of the link. So if I have it set to "top" it just takes you to it's own page to display the image, if it's set to "self" it tries to display the image in the small iFrame where all the thumbnails are.

I've tried all the standard link targets and none of them execute any kind of lytebox effect in chrome what so ever. The weirdest part is that the source page for the iFrame displays the images with the Lytebox effect in Chrome perfectly. So it would seem I'm only running into trouble getting the Lytebox effect to display when Chrome is actually having to pull the image out of the iFrame.

Any ideas? I've done quite a lot of searching but I haven't really seen anyone with my problem. I've seen it for the other browsers, but not Chrome. Very strange.

jscheuer1
07-03-2010, 03:14 PM
The target attribute of the link has nothing to do with how Lytebox operates. That only matters if Lytebox doesn't recognize the link as a valid Lytebox link. If Lytebox does recognize the link, the link will not fire, rather it will launch the Lytebox.

Anyways, it works fine for me in Chrome - as long as it's live. I couldn't get it to work locally in Chrome. Must be a bug or possibly a security feature. Locally Chrome has extremely limited access to the parent window. Once live though, Chrome has the same access to the parent as other browsers, or at least enough access to the parent to make this work.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

alias353
07-03-2010, 11:48 PM
So what you're saying is that until it's actually put online, when testing a page through chrome just off your HDD Chrome has problems?

I ended up going a different route all together to achieve my desired effect. But I'm still interested in why the problem ended up happening. Though it sounds like you have just answered my question. If I would have hosted it online it would have worked properly?

jscheuer1
07-04-2010, 06:53 AM
That's correct.

alias353
07-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Damn, It's always something simple isn't it. That was indeed the problem. XD Well I greatly appreciate the time you took to answer a foolish beginner's question.

I'll remember to actually test my web pages online in the future. Thanks again. :)