PDA

View Full Version : Issue with gAjax RSS Feeds Displayer!

eliashansen
06-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi there!

First of all i have to say that i _LOVE_ the gAjax RSS Feeds Displayer JavaScript, it works exacly like i want it to, maby if someone could make it possible filtering by adding keyword it would be even greater.

I have one issue. It's when i have my selected feeds displayed on my site i can't find them in the source code. Since my site basicly only have rss feeds on it. I'm wondering if there's a way i could get the fetched and displayed RSS feeds embeded in the HTML code.

I'm really a beginner at webdevelopment and such but the reason why i want the feeds embedded in the source code like pure HTLM is that i've read it's good for search engines somehow.

I would be REALLY greatful if someone could help me or give me a hint or maby show me another script who does it. I would prefer that it's JavaScript thought.

/MVH Elias Hansen

eliashansen
07-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Please dont ignore me!

If someone just could tell me that it's impossible or if the feeds already is in the source code through the Google Ajax Feed API somehow or anything in the area please let me know!

ddadmin
07-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Hmm the feeds are fetched via Ajax with the results stored in memory and written out dynamically. That's just the nature of all RSS feed related scripts on DD. I'm sure there are scripts that use PHP to parse and literally write them out on the page- just do a search on Google. I assume you're asking this for SEO purposes?

eliashansen
07-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Yes it's for SEO purposes!
Is there ways to not write the feeds out dynamically? If so what part should i modify? I like to experiment so if you could give me hints or something i would be greatful.

EDIT: I have one more question: Even if the feeds are written out dynamically, can search engine robots find the feeds on my site anyway?

Sorry for all the questions mr ddadmin!

ddadmin
07-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Is there ways to not write the feeds out dynamically? If so what part should i modify?

There's no easy way with this script unfortunately. What you need is a server side RSS parsing script (ie: PHP ) that goes out and fetches the feed as an actual string of data, then write it out literally on the page. gAjax script doesn't rely on any server side script, which makes it very easy to set up. The shortcoming then depending on your point of view is that the contents are dynamically output.