PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Army Knife Slideshow

Argyll Tech
06-30-2010, 11:58 AM
1) Script Title: Swiss Army Image Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/swissarmy/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Great slideshow but I can't see how to change the font style, colour or size for the image descriptions when switched on. Anybody know how and where to do this?

Kenny

jscheuer1
06-30-2010, 12:14 PM
You want Swiss Army II, see:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/blog.php?b=18

Argyll Tech
06-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks for reply. Can I assume that you can only change the image description font on the newer version.

Is it obvious where?

Kenny

jscheuer1
06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Well, you could come up with your own method and edit the old script to implement it. Or just wrap the show in a division, and use its child selector(s) in style to try to do that. The drawback of that is that it might have unforeseen consequences upon the layout of the rest of the show.

With the updated script, if you read the blog entry and understand style, it's obvious. You could put something like so in your stylesheet:

#desc0 {
font-family: 'comic sans ms', monospace;
}

Argyll Tech
06-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks John. I decided to just use your original script as I had already put it up onto site. I had the show itself in an individual table cell which has allowed me to edit the "style" properties of that cell which gave me what I needed with regards font, size, colour, etc.

I think that should work with most browsers.

Thanks again for your help and for a great script.

Kenny

jscheuer1
06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
The Swiss Army II is a drop in replacement for the other script. You would not have needed to change the on page script code or HTML.

However, for something like font, what you're doing should be OK. The only possibility is the font-size. Changing that could affect how the rest of the show lays out in some browsers.

The newer script was primarily meant to give flexibility over the placement of the various parts of the show. That's something you cannot accomplish with your method.