PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade Slideshow and z-index when behind div popup

dmfrey
06-28-2010, 07:31 PM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:
This issue seems to be affecting Firefox 3.6.6 and Google Chrome.

I have two slideshows setup on the right side of my window. Just above them in a global navigation there is a search box. This, when clicked, pops open a div that has advanced search features. When viewing in IE, this correctly hides the slideshow images below. When I view it in firefox or chrome, the images in the slideshow appear on top of my popup div, restricting the user functionality.

I have set the z-index for the popup div to be 2000.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Do you require any further information?

Thanks.

jscheuer1
06-28-2010, 07:43 PM
That (2000) should be sufficient z-index to overdome the slide show's (it uses a top z-index of 1001).

However, it (the pop up) must be position either absolute or relative (fixed position will work too, but not in IE 6 and less).

Not only that, if the pop up has parent elements with any of these position values (fixed, absolute, or relative), then these must also have a higher z-index than the slide shows.

And if the slide shows have a parent with those position values, then their z-index must be lower than the pop up's and its positioned parents (if any).

There's always the posibility that something else may be causing this.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.