PDA

View Full Version : Stepcarousel - Return to First Panel

vix
06-22-2010, 01:23 PM
1) Script Title: Setpcarousel

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/stepcarousel.htm

3) Describe problem:

Here's the site I'm working on: http://www.goodwebdesignuk.com/jacks/.

My problem is that if you are looking through, say, the rings: http://www.goodwebdesignuk.com/jacks/rings/ellipse/JR15a-3xdrops18Y.php and you, say, move through to the fifth panel and then you click back on "rings" from the drop-down menu, the top part of the page returns to the correct ring, but the panel remains on panel 5. How can I ensure that if you click on "rings" (from the drop-down menu) the panel also returns to the first panel?

Thank you in advance.

Vicky

ddadmin
06-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Hmm sounds like you simply want persistence turned off. Try changing the code in red below (to false):

stepcarousel.setup({
galleryid: 'bottom', //id of carousel DIV
beltclass: 'belt', //class of inner "belt" DIV containing all the panel DIVs
panelclass: 'panel', //class of panel DIVs each holding content
autostep: {enable:false, moveby:1, pause:3000},
panelbehavior: {speed:500, wraparound:false, persist:false},
defaultbuttons: {enable: true, moveby: 8, leftnav: ['../../images/arrow_left.gif', 10, 80], rightnav: ['../../images/arrow_right.gif', -30, 80]},
statusvars: ['statusA', 'statusB', 'statusC'], //register 3 variables that contain current panel (start), current panel (last), and total panels
contenttype: ['inline'] //content setting ['inline'] or ['ajax', 'path_to_external_file']
})

vix
06-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Thank you for your reply.

The problem is that by making persist:false, it returns to the first panel each time you select to view one of the items of jewellery - as it does now for the commissions. What I need is for it to return to the first panel of, say, rings when you click on rings from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen, after you've been browsing through the rings and got to, say, panel 5. Hope this makes sense?

Do you have any ideas?

Vicky

ddadmin
06-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Hmm so you want the script in general to remember the position of the carousel, say when the user reloads the page or goes to another page containing the carousel, except when the user clicks on the "rings" link from the drop down menu to get there?

vix
06-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Yes, I think that's it - it's very hard to describe.

Basically, I would like the "page" to match the carousel that is below it, which doesn't happen if you, say, click on rings from the drop-down menu if you've been browsing through the different panels. The panel remains where it is and the page above it changes to the link from the drop-down menu.

Same thing happens if you move onto, say, necklaces, and then return to rings (and vice-versa and with all drop-down links that have the carousel) - you return the panel you were last at with the page that corresponds to the drop-down menu.

Oh, I hope that's explained it.

Thank you for your patience with this.

Vicky