PDA

View Full Version : Autorotate: false on image map click, also auto resize of the content

mastermp2
06-21-2010, 10:25 AM
1) Script Title: Featured content slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hello

I'm using the content slider script to show some content. I'm also using some image maps in order to navigate through the content, and I was wondering if there is a way to make the autorotating feature to "turn off" after the user clicks one of these image maps (like what happens when you click a navigation link.... see demo 1)

Also I would like to know if there is a way to make the content slider automatically resize itself depending on the size of the content (I have tried modifying the CSS file but I haven't been able to do that)

That's all for now.

mastermp2
06-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Sorry I made a mistake. I can indeed resize (using auto in height) but the problem with that is that it gets a little glitchy (the transition doesn't work very well, the image stays for a brief second, the other image appears below it and then the previous one dissapear). Any suggestions

ddadmin
06-21-2010, 11:08 PM
I was wondering if there is a way to make the autorotating feature to "turn off" after the user clicks one of these image maps?

Is the image map defined inside the pagination DIV of your slider? If so clicking anywhere inside the DIV should cancel autorotate, including inside the image map.

Sorry I made a mistake. I can indeed resize (using auto in height) but the problem with that is that it gets a little glitchy (the transition doesn't work very well, the image stays for a brief second, the other image appears below it and then the previous one dissapear). Any suggestions

Hmm this is to be expected unfortunately. When you resize the slider to be based on the current image's dimensions, there's a chance the previous image if it's bigger than the current will show up briefly in the background. The slider bascailly stacks the two images together so it can fade in from the previous to the current image. If you tamper with the slider's dimensions, some of the previous image may be exposed temporarily. Not sure if there's an easy way around this unfortunately.

mastermp2
06-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks for your help. I manage to fix the autorotate issue

As for the transition problem, i haven't found a solution yet. Maybe I'll look for other scripts to do it