PDA

View Full Version : Lytebox control images path problem

avianrand
06-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm working on a new site and am using Lytebox for the first time. On my development machine I have the Lytebox images (the ones that it comes with for the various buttons used in Lytebox) stored in my images folder directly under the folder where my main site files are located. Lytebox runs as expected. The paths in the lytebox.css file are like this:

#lbPrev.grey:hover, #lbPrev.grey:visited:hover { background: url(/images/prev_grey.gif) left 15% no-repeat; }

The file I downloaded from dolem didn't have the / in front of images so I added it because it wasn't working without that.

Anyway, my folder structure on my test server is the same as my local machine. But lytebox isn't seeing the images it needs to show the buttons. The buttons are there. I can click the spot where the "close" button is and the expanded image closes but there's no graphic on the button.

I always seem to get stumped when it comes to path stuff for the web and am not sure how to correct this problem.

My structure on my test server is:

root/public_html/testsite/images

Main site files are in root/public_html/testsite and the lytebox images are in root/public_html/testsite/images

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Avian

azoomer
06-15-2010, 03:27 PM
maybe you can replace this: /images/prev_grey.gif with the absolute path to the image and go from there. The absolute path can sometime be found in your ftp client by rightclicking on the image. Then paste the address in your browser and see if it leads you to the image. Probably you need to delete the first ftp part. Difficult to explain, but if you have a link to your site I could try to find the path for you.

avianrand
06-15-2010, 05:03 PM
I actually ended up doing that. So I guess I have to have 2 versions. A test version for my local environment and my online version. Seems to be working now. Thanks for the info.