PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Ultimate Fade-in slideshow z-index issue

mobius2000
06-03-2010, 08:58 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

I have been reading through the forums and there seems to be a lot of people having issues with the z-index of this script... I am no different.

All of the solutions seem to revolve around changing the other offending scripts z-index and not "Ultimate Fade-in slideshow", unfortunately for me, the other offending script is the greater majority of my CMS's interface when in edit mode.

I was hoping someone may be able to advise me on how to edit Ultimate Fade-in slideshow's .JS file to to lower the z-index considerably.

I have found that playing with zIndex (line 145 and 163) kills the fade transition and doesn't seem to alter the z-index of the slide show.

Any other time I would be more than happy to change something else to ensure this script works but this is just not feasible to edit the CMS core files. I am presuming there is some way of editing the slideshows z-index somewhere in there, just can't find it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... More than happy to make a donation for anyone's troubles.

Richard. :confused:

azoomer
06-03-2010, 10:43 AM
You can try this

#fadeshow1{
z-index:0;
}
It worked for me (in wordpress)

mobius2000
06-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Awesome, thank you so much... I am disgusted at myself for overlooking the most obvious solution but sometimes you just need a fresh set of eyes.

Thank you again. :o

xRedemption
07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
where does the code

#fadeshow{z-index:0;}

get placed I have the same problem but im new to scripting

azoomer
07-27-2010, 11:07 AM
for example in the head section of you page, somewhere between <head> and </head>, you can put this

<style type="text/css">
#fadeshow1 {
z-index: 1;
}
</style>
Usually z-index:1; is okay. Fadeshow1 refers to the name of the id with the fadeshow in it, so it has got to have the same name as the id of your slideshow div.