PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow - need click event to restart slideshow

Webster
06-02-2010, 06:43 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I am using the slideshow in auto mode so that users can see it changing and then mouse over it to pause it. If they then click, I open a new browser window to display the content in. BUT, when they close that window and return to the original browser the slideshow is still paused because it never got a mouseout. So unless the user thinks to put their mouse over the slideshow and then move it out again the slideshow will not start working again.

Is there a way to add the click event so that when clicked the slideshow starts moving again?

UPDATE: The problem I describe above occurs when using the Safari/Webkit browser. I just checked this and it seems to work as I requested in IE and Firefox.

ddadmin
06-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Hmm I don't get that behavior in Safari (4.0 for Windows) actually. As with other browsers, the slideshow doesn't stay at the same slide when it's clicked on and a new page is loaded into a new window. Is this a Mac issue?

djr33
06-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I can confirm that this does work in Firefox (Mac), but does NOT work in Safari (4 for Mac).

A right click menu or new-window link shifts focus to the new item without a mouseout for the image/slideshow.

ddadmin
06-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks for that Daniel. Ok then, inside the .js file, try finding the below line, and add it to the line in red:

setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('mouseleave', function(){setting.ismouseover=false})
setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('click', function(){setting.ismouseover=false})

Webster
06-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Thanks to ddadmin for that fix and to djr33 for helping confirm/define the issue!!!

BTW, to complete this patch, if you are using the caption on demand I think you should add this to this section as well,

else{ //display desc panel on demand (mouseover)
setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('mouseenter', function(){slideshow.showhidedescpanel('show')})
setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('mouseleave', function(){slideshow.showhidedescpanel('hide')})
setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('click', function(){slideshow.showhidedescpanel('hide')})

is that correct?