PDA

View Full Version : spell checker - not working

I am Abby
05-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Using my mac I found what looks like a great one. http://www.broken-notebook.com/spell_checker/

The intentionally misspell dictionary. On my Mac it is underlined with red, if I right click I can choose the correct spelling. When using my PC I don't see a red underline and I can't get the correct spelling by right clicking.

It doesn't seem to work with my PC

I then tested this site with my mac and pc same thing happens, spell checker does not work with my pc. Is it just my pc? If you misspell a word here with your pc does it appear with a red underling and can you right click to correct?

jscheuer1
05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
I use a pc and all my spell checkers are on my machine. One comes with Opera, one with Firefox and another one each with my two code editors. Yet another comes with my document writer (Open Office). Some are right click activated, others are double click activated. All use a finely dotted red underline to denote questionable words.

The site you link to doesn't appear to work with my Opera browser (the one I use for most browsing). But since Opera has its own spell checker for textareas, if I click on the textareas in the examples, it works (Opera's own spell checker I'm assuming).

I am Abby
05-28-2010, 07:26 PM
What about this site? If you spell "butiful" when replying to this message do you see a red line under it and are you able to right click to see and able to change it to "beautiful"?

Does the spell check "HERE" not on your browser but "HERE" work with your PC? The spell check on this textarea I'm now typing into works correctly with my Mac but not my PC.

btw: I'm usine IE..so the spell checker does not work with IE or Opera. And my IE does not have it's own spell checker.

jscheuer1
05-28-2010, 11:43 PM
As far as I know, there is no spell check here. Any spell check on DD Forums (again, as far as I know) is on your browser. What browser are you using?