PDA

View Full Version : Adding link features, like width and height, with Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)

Meechelle
05-26-2010, 07:32 PM
:: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

Hi, I have been trying to manipulate my fade-in slideshow so that the link of each image opens to a defined page size. I realize I can set the target, but is there a way to also set the dimensions of the target window? Perhaps with the onslide feature?

I am new to dynamic drive and scripting so you will have to forgive me if this is a basic question.

jscheuer1
05-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Do you want just on set of dimensions, or a different set for each image/page?

In any case, opening a new window, whether via the target attribute as is done by the show when in its default configuration for that, or via the window.open() method of javascript, is risky. The action may be blocked by the browser. Most do not. But many do. All it takes is for the user to set his/her popup blocking settings higher than the default. As many folks consider pop ups annoying, many do take this step.

You probably would be better off using a modal of some sort. A jQuery based one would be ideal, as the slide show already uses jQuery. Here's a list of jQuery modal box plugins to pick from:

http://web.enavu.com/tutorials/top-10-jquery-modal-box-plugins/

Not all of them will be suitable. If your pages you are displaying are more than just image pages, you need one that can display your pages. Some only do images and perhaps descriptions and/or links. If the pages you are displaying are not on your domain, or if they require a high degree of interaction, you want a modal script that can display an iframe. The main features for each are listed along with links to their home pages. Once you've selected one, it should be fairly easy to integrate it into the slide show, but you will probably need help. I'd be happy to help.

If you are having trouble deciding which modal would be best for you, post a link to your page so I can see what type of content you are popping up.