View Full Version : Lightbox script conflicting with Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow

duklaprague
05-22-2010, 10:44 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hope someone can help with this....

Basically I have added a Lightbox gallery, which is all working as it should here -

http://www.goodsafariguide.com/new/gallery2.php

However the second instance of the fade in slideshow (the Awards Sponsors images at the bottom of the left hand column) is not fading out when the Lightbox photos are displaying.

If anyone could help out with this glitch so that it does fade out along with everything else, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

jscheuer1
05-22-2010, 11:28 AM
You are using two versions of Ultimate Fade In Slide Show, version 1.51 for the first one on the page and version 2.1 for the second. This is a waste of code. You should use only one of these scripts for both slide shows. But you can do it like you have. In any case, the 2.1 script is better because the 1.51, even though it appears to behave well with Lightbox, uses escallating z-index values, so will eventually show up on top of the overlay. The version 2.1 script uses a range of z-indexes, but starts out relatively high, higher than the 90 of the overlay. I see you have increased the z-ndex value in lightbox.css for the #lightbox selector by a factor of 100. You should do so with the other two z-index values in that file, here:

#hoverNav{ position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; height: 100%; width: 100%; z-index: 1000; }

And here:

#overlay{ position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; z-index: 9000; width: 100%; height: 500px; background-color: #333333; border: 1px solid #333;}

duklaprague
05-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks John - much appreciated. I had increased that one z-index value, which got as far as overlaying the Lightbox over the Awards graphic - before that it had been even worse with it sitting on top of the Lightbox images.

But upping those other two has fixed it right up.

I actually inherited the site at the start of the year, so the pages had the rotating pics of the lodges at the top, and I added the other one for the Awards sponsors - hence the two versions.