PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Fade-in Slideshow

Johnsoir
05-20-2010, 04:33 PM
I have been trying to build a website, using photoshop slices, and dreamweaver. I came across the Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow, and found it perfect for what I needed.

I work on a mac, and thus created my site on a mac. I finished one page (the one containing the slideshow), and decided to test it a little bit. I moved all the files over to a PC and attempted to use it in IE but the slideshow just showed up as a blank hole.

It works fine on a Mac in Safari and Firefox, has one small glitch in Opera that doesn't pertain to the slideshow. But doesn't even think of doing anything in Firefox or IE on a PC.

I also decided to just build it in a PC environment, but its still fails to work.

Any idea's whats wrong with it?

jscheuer1
05-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Please post about Dynamic Drive Scripts in the Dynamic Drive Scripts Help section here where I've moved this thread, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script(s) in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

I'm assuming you are using the current 2.1 version of the script. In IE, a missing image could cause that, as could a syntax error (extra comma(s) in the on page configuration). But neither of these would be a problem for Firefox.

The easiest way to diagnose the problem would be for you to upload a demo of it somewhere on the web and post a link to it here:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

It can be an orphan page, it just needs to demonstrate the problem.