PDA

View Full Version : Tab Content Script (v 2.2) - nested list tabs possible?

djvk87
05-18-2010, 06:25 AM
1) Script Title: Tab Content Script (v 2.2)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: I have been using the Tab Content Script for a while now and it has helped serve content on my businesses webpage www.woodenboatshop.com.au nicely. However I am currently working on a new page for cataloging engine parts and I am using another script (Drill Down Menu (v1.6) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/drilldownmenu.htm) as the index for this catalog). I wish to make the links in the Drill Down Menu integrate with the Tab Content Scripts dynamic pages. The problem is Tab Content works like this

<ul id="countrytabs" class="shadetabs">
<li><a href="#" rel="country1" class="selected">Tab 1</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="country2">Tab 2</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="country3">Tab 3</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="country4">Tab 4</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.dynamicdrive.com">Dynamic Drive</a></li>
</ul>

as you can see all links are within 1 parent <ul>
but the Drill Down Menu I have made is seperated into multiple <ul> fields as they are nested. I want to be able to make each <ul> have the same class so they can access the tabs, but when I try to do this it breaks. (example below)

<div id="drillmenu1" class="drillmenu">
<ul id="ysptabs">
<li><a href="#" rel="yspindex">Information</a></li>
<li><a href="#">By Engine</a>
<ul>
<li><a href="#">PMX 6</a>
<ul id="ysptabs">
<li><a href="#" rel="pmx-6-filters">Filters</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="pmx-6-drive-belts">Drive Belts</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="pmx-6-anodes">Anodes</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</div>

Basically it seems as though Tab Content won't let me have more than one parent <ul> with the same class, but I desperately need this to work.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

djvk87
05-18-2010, 10:46 PM
bump.

djvk87
05-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Unable to figure it out I have settled on using AJAX Dynamic Content script for now. I am still interested to know if this can be done using the Tab Content script though as I'd rather be able to use just the one Dynamic Content script on my page.

azoomer
05-19-2010, 12:02 AM
hi i don't really understand what your setup is supposed to do, but it looks like a problem that you have two different <ul id="ysptabs"> with the same id. I guess an id should be unique as opposed to classes.

djvk87
05-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Hi, yes basically the id "ysptabs" identifies the contents of the <ul> (<li> tags) as buttons/links to another tab (changes the content on the screen).
But I have multple <ul> fields and I want their contents to identify as buttons/links to my tabs also. but of course the id's should be unique so it seems I can not make other <ul> contents identify and work.
I'm basically wondering if the Tab Content script allows this to be done.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense, I'm finding it difficult to explain myself.