PDA

View Full Version : Animated Collapsible DIV v2.4 - started div not totally hidden - can this be done?

talofo
05-17-2010, 11:50 AM
1) Script Title:
Animated Collapsible DIV v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

Hello, first and foremost, what a great script, with very unique features, that I was unable to find elsewhere. thanks a lot.

The issue I'm having is this:
I have a div with some text on it, and I would like to expand it, to it's full height.

All the examples provided had the div totally hidden and when we click the button it expands and fades at that's great but, I can't find a way to do with on a div that has some text, and we need (onclick) to reveal the rest.

Something like this:

Lorem Ipsium bla bla Lorem Ispisum bla asa asfasf asfa as
asfasf asfa asfsa afa asfa as fas fas fsaf as f assf asfa [expand more...]

Any help for archiving it?

Kind Regards,
Márcio

jscheuer1
05-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Any help for archiving it?

I'd try zip. But I think you mean achieving, not archiving.

Anyways, just put the part you want to be always seen outside of the collapsible division. It can otherwise be the same width and text style as what's inside the collapsible part.

talofo
05-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Hello jscheuer1,

Yes. And, yes was achieving ;) Thanks. I knew zip before I knew English perhaps. :)

The only issue that will arrive on a similar approach will be to simulate the "eventTrigger div" with the "eventTarget div", in a way that both behave like if the first will be just a line of text. That could be tricky don't you think.

Another issue, that I don't seem to find a proper solution neither and, that is related, is allowing the expand to expand to total HEIGHT (but also WIDTH) of the target.

Let's say we have:
Lorem Ipsium bla bla Lorem Ispisum bla asa asfasf asfa as
asfasf asfa asfsa afa asfa as fas fas fsaf as f assf asfa [expand more...]

When we expand, the text would be something like:
Lorem Ipsium bla bla Lorem Ispisum bla asa asfasf asfa as asfasf asfa, sfasf asfa asfsa afa asfa Lorem Ipsium bla bla Lorem Ispisum bla asa asfasf asfa as asfasf asfa, sfasf asfa asfsa afa asfaLorem Ipsium bla bla Lorem Ispisum bla asa asfasf asfa as asfasf asfa, sfasf asfa asfsa afa asfaLorem Ipsium bla bla Lorem Ispisum bla asa asfasf asfa as asfasf asfa, sfasf asfa asfsa afa asfa. [collapse]

So here, the effect have show the div total, by augmenting both, horizontally and vertically.

This however, is far outside the scope of this plugin no?

Despite the fact that I didn't mention this second requirement (I haven't see it before) - The idea is to achieve both. :(

K. Regards,
Márcio