PDA

View Full Version : IE Rogue Dropdown Text

skideh
05-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi,

I'm having a problem with IE (as usual). But I haven't found anything like this before.
We have a few drop-downs, that behave normally in any other browser, but IE displays funny little thing after it.

http://www.blatant.ca/temp/ieborkeddropdown.png

After a bit of digging it appears to be the last 2 - 4 characters of the last option in the drop-down.

The html code for the dropdown is pretty simple -

<select name="CourseID" id="CourseID" onchange="setRedirectCourse(this);" ><option value="1011" selected>A Test Future</option><option value="1110">Colin's Test Lesson</option><option value="1112">Course Byah</option><option value="1118">Course Byah For Sale</option><option value="1121">Course Byah LONG DESC</option><option value="1113">Course with Prereq - added</option><option value="1019">FUTURETASTICAL</option><option value="1095">ILT Test</option><option value="1130">ILT Test Copydfdf</option><option value="1100">Large Course List Test</option><option value="1124">Online course with dates</option><option value="1101">Test Course</option>
</select>

We have some Javascript that moves some other elements (in separate divs) from that area onto another part of the page.
Could it be an issue relating to that?

I can provide more information as needed - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Erik_M
05-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Could you post your javascript code please.

skideh
05-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Sure -

var departmentDiv = $("tDepartment");
var DepartmentID = $("DepartmentID");
var DepartmentCheckID = $("DepartmentCheckID");
DepartmentID.setAttribute('onchange', 'submitGridSearch(this); return true;');
departmentDiv.appendChild(DepartmentID);
if (DepartmentCheckID) {
departmentDiv.appendChild(DepartmentCheckID);
}
$("fDepartment").style.display = 'none';

$("gridFilter").style.display = 'none';

DepartmentID appears in a div "fDepartment" next to the Courses dropdown.

skideh
05-12-2010, 04:23 PM
I figured this out - in case anyone comes across this.

It appears that IE wanted something DIRECTLY after the </select>
I just placed a &nbsp; after the closing of the select and it went away!

That was messed up.