PDA

View Full Version : PHP Photo Album Script V2.11 images not showing

govnah
05-03-2010, 09:25 AM
i'm having the same problem as tanakaeka. (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?p=225611)

It doesn't pick the images from the folder. i'm a rookie with codes so i don't know whats wrong with it.

i've followed the instructions on the site completely, twice and still no luck of it working.
i was wondering if it is possible to have a complete working example zipped. for download.

Thanks in advance.

jscheuer1
05-03-2010, 11:06 AM

I couldn't include the images, it made the archive too big. Just place your images (at least six) in the pics folder once you have this thing unzipped.

Important: This script requires a PHP enabled server. It will not run locally unless you have WAMP, XAMP, something similar, or some other PHP server environment.

From the demo page:

This script requires that your server is capable of running PHP (to retrieve the image file names of a specific directory), though the pages themselves that will display the photo album can be any regular HTML page.

govnah
05-03-2010, 11:20 AM
thank you very much :)

the one you attached works perfectly. I will try and fit it in what i was doing before to see if it works fine... I will post back soon!

govnah
05-03-2010, 11:27 AM
ooo it works :)

thank you very much, once again :)

prince_85
05-18-2015, 08:22 AM
Hi

I'm having the same problem with PHP Photo Album Script V2.11. While I'm trying this is my local server using WAMP it's not showing anything. While I've tried the same using web hosting though it's fetching the pictures from the image folder but it's not being shown the way it suppose to be. The images are not being shown in thumbnail size and not in 3X2 album and while clicking on the images those are opening in top left corner of the browser. I can't find the zip file over here. Can you please send the zip file which will work in local WAMP server. You quick help will be appreciated.

Beverleyh
05-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Link to script on DD: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/php-photoalbum.htm

While I've tried the same using web hosting though it's fetching the pictures from the image folder but it's not being shown the way it suppose to be. The images are not being shown in thumbnail size and not in 3X2 album and while clicking on the images those are opening in top left corner of the browserSounds like the "ddphpalbum.css" file isn't loading. Make sure it's uploaded to the correct location as specified in your markup (try using an absolute path while you troubleshoot). Check file name are correct (case sensitivity) too.

If you need more help, please post a link to your page.

jscheuer1
05-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Sounds like a good idea Beverley, that might be all there is to it. If not, there's no guarantee that this is the same thing. But, for what it's worth, here's the zip file from back then: