PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Buttons on Conveyor Belt Slideshow

Nicolevans
05-03-2010, 04:26 AM
1) Script Title: Conveyor belt slideshow script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/leftrightslide.htm

3) Describe problem: Hello, please help me! I don't know whether to cry or throw my computer out the window. All I need is left and right navigation buttons so that visitors don't have to wait for images to 'come back around' on the loop...

Can I not just 'add a bit of code somewhere'? Are you able to tell me what that might be? Please let it be that simple! I know a little bit of coding learnt mostly on DD....

Thanks for your time
Nicole the helpless kiwi....

djr33
05-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Unfortunately, no.

It is possible to modify this (of course), but it's going to take a lot of code and might be very difficult. Really, I have no idea.

But since this is not already setup for having buttons, it won't "just work". You'd need to modify the entire logic behind it and add new events.

Why can't you just use another slideshow that already has buttons? That's the obvious answer here. Is there some reason you really like this gallery? It's possible to find others that slide while also using buttons, I think, maybe even on DD.
Or maybe search through old threads to see if someone else already has asked/found this.

If you're really lucky you may find someone who can add this for you. There are a few users here capable of it, but since I'm not sure exactly how this code works (I don't do much with Javascript, just know the basics), it might be difficult. But it also might be not-too-hard, so don't entirely give up.

jscheuer1
05-04-2010, 08:29 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/conveyor_buttons.htm

Use your browser's 'view source' to get the code.

Nicolevans
05-05-2010, 12:11 AM
John this is fantastic! Is there a way to tell the 'slideLeft' and 'slideRight' to move 4 images at a time? Also ... how can I get the arrows I am using (instead of the words left and right) to float over the slideshow itself? Thanks for all you help. You've made me a Very Happy Kiwi ;)