PDA

View Full Version : Image Viewer Script only work on Windows?

rsrwebs
05-03-2010, 12:29 AM
1) Script Title: Image Thumbnail Viewer Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

3) Describe problem: I've set up everything exactly the way the directions asked, and the thumbnail viewer works great when I open my files on the computer. I've uploaded the files and now the script doesn't work. I'm using a Windows computer and my hosting is Linux. Is it possible that this script doesn't work with Linux?

jscheuer1
05-03-2010, 01:22 AM
No. A Linux server is no problem. Sounds like you have a mismatch between the upper/lower case of the path and/or filename to the images (like .jpg in your code vs. .JPG as a part of the actual filename, things like that). This almost never matters on the local machine, it almost always matters on the server. But that's just my best guess, it really could be any of a great number of things.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

rsrwebs
05-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Sorry for the late reply.

Here's the site I'm trying to use the script at: http://www.awarewildlife.com

rsrwebs
05-15-2010, 01:37 AM
I went through and found that indeed the folder I had the script in started with a capitol letter, and the links within the pages didn't have the capitol letter. I updated everything, but it didn't do anything. NOW I'm really confused, lol.

jscheuer1
05-15-2010, 02:54 AM
Neat birds, I like birds.

Anyways, it's working fine here right now in several browsers. In a case like this, at this point, it's usually just a matter of your browser showing you the old version of the page before the changes.

Close all instances of the live site (all windows and/or tabs). Clear your browser's cache and try again. I think you will be pleased with the result.

rsrwebs
05-15-2010, 07:12 PM
I cleared my cache, but the thumbnail script is still not working, it just opens the image by itself in the same window. Why would it only work for you and not for me? Also, the site that's still on my local drive lets the script work fine, its just the online version that won't work for me.

rsrwebs
05-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Okay, this weird, I just opened the site in Internet Explorer, and guess what? The script works!!! Haha, this is the weirdest thing I've ever experienced. Did you test the site on Firefox? I just want to make sure that the problem is my browser ONLY and not all firefox browsers.

rsrwebs
05-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Updating AGAIN. Now that I've opened the site in IE, I went to open it in firefox again and the script works. Weirdest. Thing. Ever. I've had IE mess up my CSS before, but this is just wacko. XD

Thank you so much for your help.