PDA

View Full Version : What's happening? Simple change corrupts...

crisp
04-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi

This query is related to js and php.

However thought to post here, i may post in php forum later if necessary.

I have worked with this for day's and not having much luck.

The code performs a float and position task and it is complex. I don't fully understand it and if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

I am using an iframe. The iframe floats over the index page and contains a form.

However its not the float and position that is the problem. When i enter new detail to make the form within these codes, then suddenly the iframe doesn't act as i need. In fact it doesn't even load the background image or form within the iframe. If you visit www.fotosuccess.com/test.php you will see that the form there has two fields, one for 'Your Name' and one for 'Your E-mail'. I thought i could code it to have radio buttons instead of text fields, but i didn't have much luck. Then i tested a change of text, i changed the 'N' in 'Your Name' to another letter, and even a simple change like that stopped it from loading the image and form.

I don't quite know why the code is this way but mostly it works so that is good so far.

Part of the code is here, with the form:

v3c08db6774.style.position='absolute';
v3c08db6774.style.width='100%';
v3c08db6774.style.height='100%';
v3d08db6774=v3108db6774(v3c08db6774);
v3d08db6774.write('<BODY scroll="auto" style="margin:0px;scrollbar-base-color:#000000;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(\'http://www.fotosuccess.com/images/popup2.jpg\');background-attachment:fixed"><P style="MARGIN: 6px"><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><FONT size=2>\n<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">\n<TBODY>\n<TR height=250>\n<TD width=242></TD>\n<TD></TD></TR>\n<TR>\n<TD></TD>\n<TD><!-- GetResponse subscription form | start -->\n<FORM id=GRSubscribeForm accept-charset=UTF-8 method=post action=http://www.fotosuccess.com/cgi-bin/add.cgi>\n<FIELDSET>\n<TABLE>\n<TBODY>\n<TR>\n<TD><STRONG><LABEL for=GRCategory2>Your name</LABEL>:</STRONG> </TD>\n<TD><INPUT id=GRCategory2 size=17 name=category2></TD></TR>\n<TR>\n<TD><STRONG><LABEL for=GRCategory3>Your E-Mail</LABEL>:</STRONG></TD>\n<TD><INPUT id=GRCategory3 size=17 name=category3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>\n<CENTER><INPUT value="Continue" type=submit> </CENTER></FIELDSET> <INPUT value=onlinegame type=hidden name=category1> <INPUT value=http://www.fotosuccess.com/form_1b.php type=hidden name=confirmation> <INPUT value=069 type=hidden name=ref> <INPUT value=get type=hidden name=getpostdata> \n<STYLE>\n<!--\n/* form box */\n#GRSubscribeForm fieldset {\nwidth: 260px; \nborder: 0;\n}\n \n/* comment about GetResponse */\n#GRSubscribeForm p {\nfont-size: x-small;\n}\n \n/* table used to position form elements */\n#GRSubscribeForm table {\nborder: 0;\n}\n \n-->\n</STYLE>\n</FORM>\n<DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FONT></FONT></P></BO'+'DY>');
v3d08db6774.close();setTimeout("v3808db6774();",0);}function v4008db6774(){if(window.PTKAtFront&&window.PTKAtFront !=v4108db6774)PTKAtFront();
window["PTKAtFront"]=v4108db6774;v2808db6774.style.zIndex=1;
if(v2708db6774)v2708db6774.style.zIndex=1;
}

This file runs lots of strings with v810###### etc etc. Does anyone know if this is relative to a pixel positioning on the screen?

If anyone could think of why this stops working when a simple entry is changed in the form code, please let me know. Or if you have any ideas on how to edit the form code to allow for radio buttons, please please post.

Thanks in advance
Steve

jscheuer1
05-01-2010, 03:55 AM
v810###### etc etc can mean and/or be anything. It depends upon how it is defined, which could in some cases possibly be different depending upon how the code branches in response to the browser, user input, and/or other factors.

The fact that the code cannot stand simple modification most likely indicates that it was specifically designed not to.

If one were inclined and had the time and expertise required, one could probably reverse engineer it to make it more generic and therefore more easily modified for simple things like you are talking about.

It would probably be easier to decide what it is about the code that you like and to write your own code to accomplish that.

Less likely though possible is that your modification simply inadvertently (via a typo or something) introduced an error of the sort that would mess up any code.

crisp
05-01-2010, 04:23 AM
Hi
Ah we meet again jscheuer1, it is a small world... ;)
OK, i guessed there is a chance it is engineered to disable changes. It is good to perhaps confirm that.
I will look at another option.
Thanks
Steve