PDA

View Full Version : text and image crawler

ranteo
04-29-2010, 05:57 PM
1) Script Title: Text and Image Crawler

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crawler/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi, while using the image crawler, some of my images tend to overlap. My site is http://www.t2pictures.com. The tenth image seems to overlap with the first.

Any advise? Thanks.

jscheuer1
04-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Styles for the crawler should only be applied in the init. Get rid of the highlighted:

<div class ="marquee" id="table" style="position:absolute; width:1500px; top:10%; overflow:hidden;">

ranteo
05-01-2010, 05:36 AM
yes it works!

But I realize putting a height of 10% doesn't work in the init. Is it because percentages don't work?

jscheuer1
05-01-2010, 06:39 AM
Do you mean height or top? I ask because in your style attribute you had top: 10%, but in your most recent post you ask about height.

I think you mean top, as on your page you now have:

<div class ="marquee" id="table" style="top:10%;">

You should get rid of that highlighted bit, it can do no good.

First thing I would try is applying it here:

<script type="text/javascript">
marqueeInit({
uniqueid: 'table',
style: {
'padding': '2px',
'width': '1500px',
'height': '600px',
'overflow':'hidden',
'top':'10%',
'position':'absolute'
},
inc: 12, //speed - pixel increment for each iteration of this marquee's movement
mouse: 'cursor driven', //mouseover behavior ('pause' 'cursor driven' or false)
moveatleast: 2,
neutral: 150,
direction: 'left',
noAddedSpace: true,
savedirection: true,
stopped: false,
});

</script>

But that might not work. The top property relies upon positioning absolute, fixed, or relative. The script might enforce static positioning or otherwise arrange things so that your position and top properties are not observed.

So if the above doesn't work, just place another division around the division with the id of table (around the entire crawler markup). You may position this added division absolute and make it top 10%. To get it to really work out, you may have to give it height and width as well, these should match those configure for the crawler.

ranteo
05-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Putting it in Init didn't work though.

But your suggestion for putting another div layer over it all worked!

Thanks! :)