PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question: Everything keeps moving!!

spyder86d
10-11-2005, 12:31 PM
I created some links for a web page and I placed them where I want them.When I resize the browser window they move, and it screws up the whole layout. How do I keep this from happening?

mwinter
10-11-2005, 01:12 PM
I created some links for a web page and I placed them where I want them.When I resize the browser window they move, and it screws up the whole layout. How do I keep this from happening?It's difficult to tell because you haven't provided a link to the document in question.

Mike

spyder86d
10-11-2005, 03:33 PM
well I'm sill working on it. I haven't uploaded it onto a web host yet. I used margins to place them. What's happening is that they are staying with the margin specs. I want to know how to anchor them in place so that the won't move.

mwinter
10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
well I'm sill working on it.It doesn't necessarily need to be finished, but I can't suggest something useful unless I can see what you want to stop and what the cause is; mentioning margins isn't enough.

I want to know how to anchor them in place so that the won't move.Well, a document should, to an extent, be fluid. Fixed designs tend to be fragile and fall apart when they're presented with unexpected settings (smaller windows, larger fonts, etc.). It's a matter of directing that movement though, rather than letting things jump around randomly.

Mike