PDA

View Full Version : IFrame Scroller... I need some basic instruction

DigiPub001
04-24-2010, 01:11 AM
1) Script Title: I FRAME Scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/iframe-scroller.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm not real up on HTML... some basic skills... I use a wiggy waggy site builder, Web 2X by Web Serif... If you want to see my site... here is the URL: www.FYI-Fla.com... The Florida Webcasting Network...
Any Way... the instruction on how to install the I frame Scroller is a bit vague FOR ME:confused:.
In step one... I embedded the html code on my home page... The place in the code where it says " //specify path to your external page:
var iframesrc="external.htm" " Is that left alone or do I insert the URL of the page which I want the text to bee seen... I did create a page which matches the new dimensions of the I frame and tried to insert the URL into the code and previewed it and blank... I also loaded the pges to the server and Blank too...

Step 2 really baffeled me :eek:... Go ahead and laugh... I probably deserve it... But any who... It askes ME to Right Click on the HTM "external.htm" and click on "Save As"... OK... I Right Clicked on it and the menu popped up and the only save as is "Save Target As" and then...:confused: Where the hech do I save It????? I Know... Ha Ha... I'm glad I have a sense of humor or by know Both my head and the wall would not look pretty... then it says "That's It For Installation: HUH??? :confused:???

Does anyone have a written step by step with all the little things which should be done like where to save the HML file and pretty much everthing else necessary to successfuly install this I Frame...

I did check out the developer's view... I see that in that page of code where my Text should be added... so now... I'm really lost... Do I use the developer's view page of code somewhere? with my text... I do understand how to add my text to the code... Again... Does Anyone have a simple and detailed how to ... step by strp on the installation if the I Frame Scrolling????? PLEASE HELP.

One Other Question... I have about 30 Sentences to run in the scroller... will this I frame handel that? Please Humor me... and then please help me if you can... Thanks Much... Chris: