PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Lytebox assistance needed



c_cormier
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
I am having some difficulty with my lytebox setup on my site. The images work properly in IE, but firefox and chrome will only load the first image of the series, and not in the lytebox window. I went through the .css file to see if the folder for the images needed for lytebox were correct and everything looks fine as well as the information in the <head> section for the .js

When I test the site out locally in chrome and firefox, the lytebox works fine, once it is uploaded to the web it does not.

I think I am missing something simple, but cannot seem to figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks :)

-Chris

Site location: www.chriscormier.com/yzf600.html (http://www.chriscormier.com/yzf600.html)

CSS: http://www.chriscormier.com/lytebox.css

jscheuer1
04-23-2010, 01:33 PM
You have a cross domain security violation. Instead of using a framset 'proxy', host the page:


http://home.comcast.net/~chriscormier/yzf600.html

directly on:


http://www.chriscormier.com/

That will take care of it. One other thing you might try, as sometimes this will throw off a browser, is fixing the URL for:


http://home.comcast.net/~chriscormier/yzf600.html

On your frameset page you have (from its source code)




<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>

<head>
<title>Chris Cormier </title>

</head>
<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0">
<frame src="http://home.comcast.net/~chriscormier//yzf600.html" frameborder="0" />
<frame frameborder="0" noresize />
</frameset>

<!-- pageok -->
<!-- 03 -->
<!-- -->
</html>

See the red // in the URL, it should be a single slash. But if that doesn't take care of it, you will need to host the page directly on:


http://www.chriscormier.com/

When I navigate directly to:


http://home.comcast.net/~chriscormier/yzf600.html

the page works fine in Firefox.

c_cormier
04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks John !!

I removed the masking feature from my redirect on the site URL and it works fine now.

Hopefully I will get it hosted on a "real" server soon. :)

Thanks for your help.

-Chris