PDA

View Full Version : "Dummy" Password page

probill3
04-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi All,

Can any one help me find a script to create a "dummy" password script that as long as you place any number on the field it lets you proceed to a certain page, but if you enter say... random letters it does not.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

djr33
04-21-2010, 08:36 PM
That's exactly the same as a regular password page, except that in the verification rather than matching X=Y, you just use "is number"(X).

Javascript won't be secure at all, so if someone looks at the source code they will be able to figure out what's going on. Also, it's not possible to use Javascript to require them to fill it out (since they can find the URL in the source code, among other things).

So, in conclusion, you can do this, but it will not be very secure at all.

The basic idea here is to get the value from the text box and check if it's a number. If it is, forward the user.

But this is no different than a normal "password" script in JS, so you should be able to fairly easily adapt one if you can find one on google, etc.

probill3
04-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Thanks...

If I were to use this with simply HTML/Java, can you please provide a sample?

BLiZZaRD
04-22-2010, 01:30 AM
Thanks...

If I were to use this with simply HTML/Java, can you please provide a sample?

And reason #34,789,876 I stay out (or TRY hard too) of the JavaScript board.

djr33
04-22-2010, 04:06 AM
I don't have a sample, but as I said-- look for a "Javascript password" script and find the line where it matches "stored password" to "submitted password". Just replace that with, probably, this:
if (!NaN(submittedpassword)) { ...it's ok... }