PDA

View Full Version : Help with Simple Tree Menu & IE7

TueyMpls
04-12-2010, 08:02 PM
1) Script Title: Simple Tree Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate1.htm

3) Describe problem: I want to use Simple Menu Tree for site navigation. It works beautifully, except in IE7.

The script works fine in IE7 except when the content of the li is a link to another page on the site such as this example.

<li><a href="/prep/index.php?id=21" title="Field Rep & Customer Due Dates" >Field Rep & Customer Due Dates</a></li>

This all works perfectly in FF, Chrome, Safari. But in IE, clicking on the the li/link takes me to the new page but then immediately collapses the tree.

A null link, such as this, does display correctly.
<li><a href="#" title="Field Rep & Customer Due Dates" >Field Rep & Customer Due Dates</a></li>

I'm out of ideas for how to make this work. Any help would really be appreciated! I'm open to another approach or script if there's a better solution to this.

Thank you!

ddadmin
04-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Is persistence of the tree state enabled?

ddtreemenu.createTree("treemenu2", true)

I just tried creating two pages, with a menu link inside page A linking to page B. The tree menu on page B remains expanded when I click through to it.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

TueyMpls
04-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks for helping me out with this.

Yes, persistence is enabled.

Here's a link to the site: http://www.gardnergroup.net/prep/

ID: test
PW: testtest

The links work and persistence fine everywhere except for IE.

Thank you!!!

ddadmin
04-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Hmm ok I've checked out your page in IE7 and see the issue. However, I'm not sure the cause yet. In IE7 a JavaScript error is thrown when you visit the webpage, which could be from one of the other scripts on the same page. When that happens, IE halts the execution of all other scripts on the page. That could be the reason for the menu not expanding.

To confirm this, try creating a test page where all other scripts except Tree Menu is present on the page. Be sure to also remove the .htc references on the page which behave like scripts in IE. See what happens when you do that...

TueyMpls
04-22-2010, 08:20 PM
OK, I've finally had a chance to get back to this. I've determined that if I remove the AjaxSearch the menu works correctly in IE.

So of course my next question is how do I make them play nice?

Terry

TueyMpls
05-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Any thoughts on how to make these work together?