PDA

View Full Version : Converting Auction Scripts

Zhakelia
04-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Hello Community! :D

Just curious to as if this can be done:
I am wanting to start an Online Business in which i sell my products
(ecommerce). I would be a small business to where I only have limited items in stock. But, I am also doing hand made/crafted things which take time and energy and can only be made periodically. Because of this, I don't necessarily want to put a specific price for these particular projects...I'd rather have people bid to get them. :p

I did a search in which there are tons of PHP auction scripts to start this kind of site...also open source ones. ( example: http://www.phpstore.info/product_info.php?products_id=218). Problem is that the host I want to use
( with the Business Catalyst platform ) does not support things such as ASP & PHP. :(

Is there ANY other way to do an Auction type site ( using Javascript or whatever is needed ) without using server side coding? :confused:

Or, is there any way to convert these PHP scripts ( to whatever is needed) ?

I don't want to have to have two different websites to run this operation, and the reason this is so crutial to me is because I love this new platform and want to use it to manage my sites. I was thinking about using Volusions at first until this came out, or came to my attention anyway.

Any Help, Suggestions, Advice, or Any References ( human, online, book, etc.) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance to ALL
~ Zha :)

djr33
04-08-2010, 07:26 PM
You have posted this twice. One time is enough. I am going to close this version of the discussion so that it can be continued in PHP. The reason is that it is NOT in any way possible to do this using only Javascript, so you will need to use PHP or another serverside language. See my response there.