PDA

View Full Version : Thickbox, jquery and prototype

senty
04-06-2010, 10:48 AM
hello,

i trying to solve one problem.
shortly : how can i send ajax request in thickbox modal window ? (it is displayed article in thickbox and i want to add comment with ajac - prototype)

long story :
On my webpage i am using jquery with thickbox to show some content in thickbox (when i click on link, page is displayed in thickbox) ... for example, i have list of articles and when i click on one of them, article is showed in thickbox modal window

everithing works fine, when i wanted to add function to article, there starts problems - becouse i want to handle adding comment with ajax - prototype handle this

when i open article in new page (not with thickbox) ajax and prototype work fine, adding comment woks fine

so my question about problem : when open article in thickbox (as i describe, how its works) and i add comment - nothing happens. So i cant send ajax request in thickbox ?
(i mamage to jquery and prototype works together - with jquery nocolision and others...so this is not problem...realy i just want to know, how to send ajax request in thickbox with prototype - becouse normaly prototype works...)

senty
04-06-2010, 03:23 PM
i have testet something and i have discovered this :
when i load page, thickbox and prototype (ajax request) works fine....everithing is okey
when i made some ajax request - everything is ok still
but when i activate thickbox (click on link to open thickbox modal window), prototype is disabled in modal and even in Main window
so, after thickbox activation it disable prototype - dont know why and how...

is there someway hot to fix it ????

hello,

i trying to solve one problem.
shortly : how can i send ajax request in thickbox modal window ? (it is displayed article in thickbox and i want to add comment with ajac - prototype)

long story :
On my webpage i am using jquery with thickbox to show some content in thickbox (when i click on link, page is displayed in thickbox) ... for example, i have list of articles and when i click on one of them, article is showed in thickbox modal window

everithing works fine, when i wanted to add function to article, there starts problems - becouse i want to handle adding comment with ajax - prototype handle this

when i open article in new page (not with thickbox) ajax and prototype work fine, adding comment woks fine

so my question about problem : when open article in thickbox (as i describe, how its works) and i add comment - nothing happens. So i cant send ajax request in thickbox ?
(i mamage to jquery and prototype works together - with jquery nocolision and others...so this is not problem...realy i just want to know, how to send ajax request in thickbox with prototype - becouse normaly prototype works...)