PDA

View Full Version : Resolved DD Featured Content Slider v2.4

ETpro
04-04-2010, 01:25 AM
1) Script Title: DD Featured Content Slider v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem:
I am using the script to swap thumbnail images with the main image on the page and enlarge whichever one is showing. It seems to work fine, but in IE-8.0.6001 on XP I get a JavaScript error message. Works great in Google Chrome and FF for me, but a friend is getting the JS error with Chrome too. The script still works after closing the error pop-up, just annoys site visitors.

The problem page is:
http://www.budgetaddressplaques.com/cast-aluminum-plaque-rectangular-small-black-gold-characters-lawn-mounted.html

Error message is:
Line: 177
Error: 'contentdivs[...].style' is null or not an object

Someone else is seeing:
var last_url = getCookie('yhst-66076688364554_lasturl');
lastpos = last_url.lastIndexOf('/') + 1;

Can anyone spot what is causing the error message and what I need to do to fix it?

jscheuer1
04-04-2010, 02:31 AM
This is the only error I see:

Error: last_url is null
Source File: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-66076688364554/et-crumbs.js
Line: 144

Both IE 8 and Firefox 3 point to the same error. Refreshing the page removes the error in both browsers. Clearing the cache doesn't cause the error to return. Something like that will be hard to track down unless the particular line pointed to gives a solid clue.

ETpro
04-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Perhaps the breadcrumb script isn't fully loading when the clear cookie command is being issued. I can fix that. Thanks for noting it. But it has nothing to do with the Featured Content Slider script. Still stuck on how to fix that one.

Jim

jscheuer1
04-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Well, I'm just not getting that error. Looking at the page's source code I see you have only 1 contentdiv. So there's nothing to slide to. You have only one toc with a rel of 6, but the instructions don't call for a rel there, so I'm not sure what it will do. There could also be other problems. But try it with at least three toc's and three contentdiv's.

ETpro
04-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Well, I'm just not getting that error. Looking at the page's source code I see you have only 1 contentdiv. So there's nothing to slide to. You have only one toc with a rel of 6, but the instructions don't call for a rel there, so I'm not sure what it will do. There could also be other problems. But try it with at least three toc's and three contentdiv's.Thanks for the feedback, jscheuer1. I only see the error in IE. Using IE8.

I have 5 sites that use the slider. The other four have multiple images, this one doesn't yet. I can't put dummy images up for slides, as this is a live site. Am I going to get an error whenever there are no additional images for slides/contentdivs/tocs?

The other four sites have some products with only a main image as well. Must I disable the ContentSlider when there is nothing for it to do?

jscheuer1
04-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Try it out. But It seems fairly obvious that you need more than one (preferably at least three) if you are going to use this script. If you are still having an error on a page in IE 8 or whatever browser when there are three or more contentdiv's, and you want help with that, give me a link to that page, and tell me which browser(s) are giving you a problem.

ETpro
04-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Update. Checking one of the other four sites, I get the same error in IE only on pages where there are no images. So the answer is to have my back end check for the extra images for image swap and simply not write the Featured Content Slider scripting and call to JavaScript unless there's something for the script to do. Hence no undefined call to contentdiv.

Thanks, jscheuer1's and chalk this one up as resolved.