PDA

View Full Version : initial black flash

paul3141
04-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Sorry to be a pain, but I'm also having trouble eliminating the initial black flash with the slideshow. I followed thread 48665 and changed 'black" to 'white' and then 'ffffff' in line 47 (of my version, not line 49 as in the description), but still no luck.

setting.$wrapperdiv=$('#'+setting.wrapperid).css({position:'relative', visibility:'visible', background:'ffffff', overflow:'hidden', width:setting.dimensions[0], height:setting.dimensions[1]}).empty() //main slideshow DIV
if (setting.$wrapperdiv.length==0){ //if no wrapper DIV found

thanks, Paul

jscheuer1
04-01-2010, 07:54 PM
You really don't need to edit the script for that, though if done properly that can work. However, it's generally best to leave a script alone, that way if you need help with it in the future, it won't be a custom job. What you are looking for can be done with css alone. Let's say your wrapperid is fadeshow1, add this to your stylesheet:

#fadeshow1, #fadeshow1 .gallerylayer {
background-color: #fff!important;
}

Just make sure if you are using a different wrapperid that you substitute it for fadeshow1 in the above.

paul3141
04-20-2010, 06:40 PM
John,

Brilliant. It was the .gallery class that I'd been missing.

Apologies for the delay in this feedback -- had a bit of a family crisis.

I'm new to web design, and though fascinating & exciting it has its moments of monumental frustration which can push you to the edge.

I owe you big-time. If there's anhything I can do, don't hesitate to ask. I'm a retired physics teacher so if your kids (?) have any questions, I'll try to answer them.

If you're ever up in my hometown - Montreal (land of high taxes, bad roads, and poor weather) - let me know and I'll show you around.

paul.kenton1@gmail.com

Once again, thanks for saving sanity,

Paul