PDA

View Full Version : Conveyer slideshow images load twice, too slow

roxanne
10-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Conveyor slideshow works great, took so long to load the page so I cut out 75% of the pictures but noticed in the status bar that the images (zfiles) load two times. Is there a better or correct window load line that I could use or tweak to,to stop this. I am using the code provided on dynmaic drive web site.

Thanks.

slow loading page found at www.broward-online.com

Lots of junk on page I know.....Making changes soon. Need help.

Thanks

ddadmin
10-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Hmm the status bar message flashes by so quickly for me (broadband), it's hard for me to confirm images are being loaded twice. But I would definitely begin by removing the bubble script- it's not as essential as the slideshow, and may fix the problem.

ddadmin
10-08-2005, 10:01 AM
What you're describing occurs when the script isn't able to correctly determine the height of the iframe page. The SSI iframe script definitely has its limitations, and for some more complex pages, it may stumble. The first thing I'd do is to confirm the script itself is in fact installed and working, by changing the src of the <iframe> to reference a straightforward, .htm page. If the script works in this case, then unfortunately the problem is with something within your current iframe page: http://ezreg.walnutcreekrec.org/Activities/Activities.asp

joshstrike
12-04-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm having this problem, too, and I can guess what the original poster was going through.

It seems that using swfobject in the auto-resizing iframe causes the flash movie to load twice. This only happens the first time the index page (iframe container) is loaded -- after that, jumping around within the iframe doesn't cause any trouble. I can't for the life of me figure out why that is. If anyone has any thoughts...
josh@joshstrike.com
Cheers,
Josh