PDA

View Full Version : Lytebox not loading in Internet Explorer

Tridau
03-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi

I am having trouble getting lytebox to work in Internet Explorer (I am using versions 6 & 7)

it works as intended in Safari and Firefox.

I am trying to load the lytebox in the parent document when triggered from an iframe.

My site is here: http://www.freewebtown.com/tridau/dubtricks/Dubtricks-960.html
click gallery, then splitscreen engine overhaul then this is where I have the problem.

Does anybody know why this is not working in Explorer? My iframe has a name attribute and I have appended the CSS and JS files as indicated on the Lytebox site.

Sorry for any poor coding, I am new to web design and making it up as I go along!!

Tridau
03-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I have discovered something further to this problem.

The script seems to crash while resizing the box for the image.

If I load the page from inside the iframe directly (not inside parent) the lytebox usually works fine in IE. However, if I make the Internet explorer window very small (far smaller than the image) and try to lauch the lytebox it crashes at the resizing just like when loading from the iframe. If I then maximise the IE window and try again it works fine.

So going back to the original problem, it is almost as if the script thinks the parent is very very small and it cannot fit the image in?

Although I have these thoughts I am no closer to solving the problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tridau
03-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I have now discovered that when I delete the DOCType at the top of the code it works ok in internet explorer.

Why is this? What is the best solution? Should I just delete the DOCType?