PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow: showing up on each page

Belltoons
03-18-2010, 05:58 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

I'm working on an .aspx website that uses a master page for the "head" where one typically puts scripts, etc. that the other pages of the site can draw on. I wanted the Ultimate Fade-in slideshow 2.1 for the Products page, and it works beautifully there; however, my problem is that when clicking on every other page now, the message "Error: DIV with ID 'fadeshow1' not found on page" is coming up because the other pages don't have the <div id="fadeshow1></div>

I would really love to use this script. Is there any fix I can put either in the script or on each of the other pages that will prevent the error message from coming up and allow me to use the slideshow on the 1 page where I need it?

Thanks much. Love the scripts here.

Belltoons
03-18-2010, 03:32 PM
:) The fix was made by editing the fadeslideshow.js file to remove the following:

if (setting.$wrapperdiv.length==0){ //if no wrapper DIV found
alert("Error: DIV with ID \""+setting.wrapperid+"\" not found on page.")
return
}

The result now is that the slideshow is loading fine on the desired page without getting alerts on all of the other pages. Hope you don't mind my providing my own solution. Again, kudos to the site and the wonderful scripts you make available to the public.

Paul

ddadmin
03-18-2010, 07:12 PM
The alert is there basically to help new comers to the script better diagnose one of the more common reasons why the slideshow doesn't appear on the page. But in your case yes it makes sense to remove it. :)