PDA

View Full Version : Featured content slider

naveen.brite
03-18-2010, 04:45 AM
1) Script Title: Featured content slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi. I have used the "Featured content slider" from DD in my site and i am very much impressed. But i desperately need help.
When the transaction happens a bright color appears(might be background is visible while transaction).
Is there any way to avoid this scenario and slides just crossfade into the next slide.
You can check it in my site. http://www.jirehdesigners.com/hiddenplaces/ Actually the smooth ccrossfade happens except for the first two slides and when we click on the paginations the bright fade occurs.

Please tell me a way to avoid this bright fade in transaction. :confused:
Than you very much.

ddadmin
03-18-2010, 07:28 AM
I suspect the reason is because you currently have the fade degree set to a very low number, meaning the duration of the fade is extremely long. In this case when you click on a pagination link and the fade animation is still running, the "flash" occurs as the script quickly resets the fade animation to start new. Can you increase the fade degree to a higher number, such as 0.1?

naveen.brite
03-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi..
I changed the fade time to 0.1 now the flash is not appearing..
Thank you very much.....:)
But is there any way, where i can set fade time to 0.007 and still
mange to not have that flash durring the fade.
And one more doubt.. Is there any way to preload all the images
and then make the slide to appear?:confused:
Thanks once again.....

naveen.brite
03-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Is there any way to avoid the bright white fade effect without changing
the current transaction speed. Please reply.
Thank you very much...

ddadmin
03-22-2010, 08:08 AM
I don't see a quick way of overcoming this unfortunately. Basically this has to do with the behavior of the slider whenever a slide has been requested- it resets the fade effect and plays it back from the beginning on the new slide. Typically this isn't an issue as the fade duration is short enough that whenever a new slide is shown the fade effect on the previous slide would have been completed already, though not in your case.

naveen.brite
03-26-2010, 04:40 AM
Hi Admin,

Thank you very much for your kind response. I understand the concept now. But as you can see, just for the first two slides, the background is getting displayed just for a second that looks like a bright kind of an effect. Is there any way I could avoid that? Is it that I should implement pre-load image script or something like that?

Do get back at the earliest. Thanks again..

nakamuta
05-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi naveen.brite,

have you found a solution for this problem? If so, could you post it here?! Thanks a lot.

naveen.brite
05-19-2010, 04:06 PM
The only way is to increase the fade time...