PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cart/Dynamic Form

sparticus13
10-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Hi, I am new to this area and don't know where to start.

I would like to end up with a custom ordering page for building custom computers. A page that lets you chooses from various dropdown fields for options. Ex HDD Option with dropdown listing different drives and their prices.

I would like the selected option to pull up a pic of the item next to the field. Also needs to caculate the over all total based on the options.

I know how to make the dropdowns but not sure of the price totaling and pic pull up.

I would realy like it to be like the customize wizard that OverDrive PC uses for their site. http://www.overdrivepc.com:8080/opc/wizard/wizard.jsp?action=startOver&useBuild=24631&site=gaming

I don't want the pics in a scroll box though, just to pop up next to the field showing the selected option.

I like having the options for each part on a new page with a list of them of the left. See the above link to understand.

Also what are the server side requirments for a shopping cart or system to take the form data for your order, any hosting recomendations would be great.

Well I hope some one can give me a little understanding of how it works and what to look into.

Thanks,
Chris