PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Scrollable IFRAME

zebulonzed
03-09-2010, 04:05 AM
Scrollable IFRAME

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframescroll.htm

I am using the scrollable iframe script in two table cells on the same page, each have different content, each individually controlled for scroll up/down by adding 'scrolling2' to one of the scripts to differentiate between the two (a nice tidbit supplied by this forum :D) and it works beautifully... But I have a strange problem in Firefox only... seems this script effects the browsers natural scroll bar function. If one uses the arrows of the browsers scroll bar, it moves the page so slow it's useless, and if one clicks in the white space of the scroll bar -- as many do, to jump a little distance -- the page jumps dramatically, sometimes all the way to the bottom. Only by dragging the browser's scrollbar button up and down does one get a smooth move.

I cannot figure out what in the script could be causing this, and only in Firefox. Anyone got a clue? I'm stumped, and I'd hate to dump using the great script effect over a single browser issue. Any help, greatly appreciated!

zebulonzed
03-09-2010, 06:31 AM
I found that "Smooth Scrolling" was on in the preferences, and that was the culprit, had nothing to do with the script, per se. :o