PDA

View Full Version : lytebox - images not showing in chrome

ultimate-novice
03-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi, I hope someone can help me. Is there anything additional I need to do to get lytebox grouped images to work in google chrome with iframes?

I have the .js and .css links in the parent and frame pages as per the instructions and everything is working fine in IE8.

However, when I test it in Google Chrome, the lytebox & overlay are fine but the image doesn't show, just a square where the image should be. The lytebox resizes appropriately for the next image... but still no image.

Prev, next and close buttons are all fine. What am I doing wrong?

jscheuer1
03-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Might be a browser specific bug of the script, but it appears to work here in Chrome for me. One thing I can tell you is that each of your iframes needs to have a unique name attribute, example of an iframe name attribute:

<iframe name="iframe_one" src="whatever.htm" . . .

Other than that, if you could give us a link to your page, we could check it out to see if there are any problems we can see.

ultimate-novice
03-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks - I will check that I have labelled the iframes properly first and then post back with a link if it's not working

ultimate-novice
03-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi, I just wanted to update as I have solved the problem.

Maybe it is my ultimate novice status in web design but the lytebox wasn't working because the parent and iframe pages were saved in different folders. As soon as I put them into the same folder it worked fine. Is there another way around this?

jscheuer1
03-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Um, if that messed it up in Chrome, it should also have messed it up in IE. But perhaps, for one or more odd reason(s), not. If all the paths to the required files are correct on both pages and the browser sees the two pages as being on the same domain, it should work. If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.