PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Ticker refetch text file not working

griesmnr
03-04-2010, 10:41 PM
1) Script Title: AJAX Ticker

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/ajaxticker.htm

3) Describe problem:

I have to update a text file often, and need the script to update. I realize that there's a field for that, but it simply isn't working for me. If I write, say, this:

new ajax_ticker(xmlfile, "ajaxticker1", "someclass", 3500, 30000, "fade")

without the square brackets, it just doesn't work, as in the ticker works fine, ticks, but it doesn't actually start reading from the new text file. I watch the text file get updated time after time, minute after minute, and the ticker does not ever refresh. However, if I use the suggested format, like so:

new ajax_ticker(xmlfile, "ajaxticker1", "someclass", [3500, 30000], "fade")

it FREAKS OUT. Incomprehensibly fast and awkward scroll of my text file, no matter the values I put in. Is this a known bug?

I never know what helps in these situations, but just in case, I'm using mozilla 3.0.18 and visual studio 2008.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my whole project was relying on the ticker's ability to refetch the updated text file!! It would help me SO much. THANKS!!

***********************this issue has been resolved. I didn't have an updated version of the code. Thank you and sorry.*************