PDA

View Full Version : Problems in IE 7 with menu

allencunningham
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
My vertical sidebar menu is on the left side of the page and used for navigation. It has the main items that display and some of the main items have subitems that fly out to the right. It has the following problem in IE:

When I try to select the subitems to the right of the main items and move down the subitems, focus gets lost and the subitems disappear.

The items/subitems work fine in Chrome and FireFox but IE 7 has the problem. It is located at:

www.awesome-art.biz/awesome/aadefault.asp

Go there in IE and select an item with subitems, eg, 'Impressionism'

ddadmin
02-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Seems very similar to the problem mentioned in this post (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52609). Same advice: Have you tried Smooth navigational menu (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddsmoothmenu.htm) instead?

allencunningham
02-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks, the smooth menu looks nice. Do you if it's compatible with IE, Chrome,FF, Opera, Safari ??

neogeekgirl
02-25-2010, 04:23 PM
I am having the same problem. I'm using the smooth nav script and it's disappearing in IE6+ ONLY. The top bar is fine, the submenu displays but as soon as you try to click on the options it disappears. It's playing hide-and-seek. I'm so frustrated! I've tried everything including removing the background-transparent since I know IE has an allergic reaction to transparency.

Here is the site, www.hscopfc.org

ddadmin
02-25-2010, 09:45 PM
neogeekgirl, does the problem occur with the demo on the DD script page as well for you in IE6? Your link doesn't load for me btw.

allencunningham
02-25-2010, 09:59 PM
I decided not to use any of these scripts. First off you have to make sure they work under all versions of Opera, Safari, FF,IE and Chrome.

Then of course when any new version of any browser comes out they could break again.

For just a personal site it doesn't matter that much, but I have an e-commerce site and I can't afford to have it down at all because customers cannot navigate on it.

These JS menu's are all too unstable, even if you get them working for now, any new release and they can break.