PDA

View Full Version : Fade In Slideshow help

CorrieMcGaughey
09-29-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm new to using script and really want to use the fade in slideshow script that I found on DD. However, I tried to copy and paste the script like it told me to but how to I change the script to work with my pictures? Does that make any sense? I have 3 pictures that I want to fade in but don't know how to change the script (without messing it up) to use my pics and not the ones on DD. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on what I need to change? I've tried several things but it doesn't seem to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Corrie

chesthare
10-01-2005, 09:36 PM
var fadeimages=new Array()
//SET 1) IMAGE PATHS, 2) optional link, 3), optional link target:
fadeimages[0]=["put your image path here ie. www.yourdomain.com/image1.jpg", "place a link here, if you want", ""] //plain image syntax
fadeimages[1]=["photo2.jpg", "http://www.google.com", ""] //image with link syntax
fadeimages[2]=["photo3.jpg", "http://www.javascriptkit.com", "_new"] //image with link and target syntax

lolee5353
10-03-2005, 10:09 PM
This is just the script I've been looking for! :-)

I'm doing a webpage for my department's use - which will only be seen internally. I'm what you'd probably refer to as an amateur at building webpages - but I sure have fun learning lots of new ways to do things!

Anyway, our department is located at 2 different sites - one on the east coast and one in the midwest, and I want to put a slideshow of pictures from both locations - side-by-side.

I tried doing this by putting the scripts inside a table. It works when I put it in on one side - but when I add the script to the second side, nothing shows up on either side (except for the reference to "dynamic drive".)

I know it means re-writing certain things (I changed the .jpg file names), but I have no clue what else needs changed. Can anyone help me?

bobbby
10-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Hi Lolee,

Yesterday I learned a valuable lesson here and I'm gonna share it with you. If you try to do two things on one page and it doesnt work, use an iframe.

Im not familiar with your particular script, so i dont know if you could place two side shows on a page, but an easy solution is the iframe. the two slideshows will appear to be on one page but in fact they are on two.

just insert the following code at the place you want the second slide show. adjust the size and change the link to a separate page with your second slide show.

<iframe id="slideshow2frame" name="slideshow2frame" src="slideshow2.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="400" width="400"></iframe>

let me know if it works ;-)

lolee5353
10-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi, Bobby!

That worked FANTASTIC! Thank you so much! I'm sure that little code will might come in handy in the future, too!