PDA

View Full Version : Music on Web Site: How To?

atomic-blonde
09-29-2005, 10:40 AM
I would like to put some music on a site I'm building.
For example, I'd like to give the visitor the choice of 3 punk songs and the basic controls for volume, on/off etc. (On saying that, 1 song would do).

Here's the site with my failed attempt!

http://www.c-c-p-c.net/

I know this doesn't work but I had to try something, so I've placed a player (windows media) on each page but the song is interrupted when the visitor moves to another page.

I'd like the song/s to play no matter what page the visitor clicks on (like background music with controls maybe?)

I'd love to hear your thoughts, but remember - I'm just a learner!

TurquoiseGala
09-29-2005, 09:19 PM
ok, first, i saw your front page, im not sure if you made that mask on flash. but if you did youre in luck, you have some knowledge of flash already. GET RID OF THE WINDOWS Player, and build your music player in flash. you're gonna need some actionscript knowledge. read tutorials. DO NOT USE WINDOWS PLAYER, USE FLASH

atomic-blonde
09-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks for checkong out my site and for the advice TG but to tell you the truth, I have very limited knowledge of flash! The 'zooming skeleton' was made with the help of someone else (from a forum I believe)!
I'm willing to learn!
I've also heard negative stuff about Windows Media Player, but I dunno what else to do! I just placed the media players on the site to get sympathy! :o
I've seen some neat little players on some sites (wish I could find a link to one now!) and that's what I want: simple yet effective!
Surely it can't be that difficult - even for a novice like me?

TurquoiseGala
09-30-2005, 01:59 AM
if you have flash, go to a site and download a tutorial, then if you dont have flash, dont worry about, DONT GET IT I SUGGEST

dead-poetic
09-30-2005, 02:36 AM
try this http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/.

atomic-blonde
10-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Thanks all of you!
I've found a temp solution which seems to have no probs.
I'm still gonna look into your suggestions in the hope of improving.
Really really appreciate you guys!
Cheers!!