PDA

View Full Version : Disable right mouse click script II (on images) - Problem w/ Chrome

kaos
02-04-2010, 01:18 AM
1) Script Title: Disable right mouse click script II (on images)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright2.htm

3) Describe problem: This script does not work properly in Google Chrome. Although the alert runs fine, afterward, the right click dialog box appears.

djr33
02-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Don't try to disable right click. This script (and many like it) are from a simpler time on the web, and now browsers are moving away from supporting (allowing?) this.
Assuming there is some legitimate reason for it, you might try replacing the action with something else (another context menu, for example), but that may not work either.
I am guessing that Chrome is (approximately) moving away from the problems of this sort of script-- more often it's a bad idea than a good idea. Unfortunately this means that for the few times it's a good idea, it won't work either.
However, there may be a specific way to do it in chrome-- google is trying to follow standards but they also have some creative aspects in the software.

kaos
02-04-2010, 11:08 PM
I don't use it. I just thought it would be nice to bring it up.

djr33
02-05-2010, 05:28 AM
Yes, well, it's sorta a known issue that those scripts have some problems, and it's a gray area: they might be useful (or at least desired), so they're still hosted, but not very supported at this point. I'm not sure what the future will do to them.