PDA

View Full Version : CMotion Image Gallery - help!

yippi_yi_yo
09-29-2005, 03:19 AM
Is it possible to get this script/code [whatever you want to call it] to work more than once on one page? It's perfect for what I need to display many images but I have them in catergories down the page. But only the top one works. Is there any remedy to getting them all to work? :confused:

yippi_yi_yo
09-29-2005, 03:22 AM
I just read the thing above about skipping these kind of posts... but I'm stuck. I don't know much about scripts although I dont understand why it's not working... can yu make acceptions this time?

jscheuer1
09-29-2005, 04:02 AM
Use frames or iframes with each gallery on an independent page which then shows through on the main page through its frame or iframe. If you use iframes, one gallery can be on the top page.

A word of caution:

The more galleries used, the more images and code. The more images and code, the slower the page will load. Optimizing all images will help but, a certain upper limit will be reached, even for users with broadband. A better idea might be to use one page as a menu with each link thereon bringing up a single gallery. This gallery could be displayed in a frame or iframe on the menu page if you like. You could even have a single reduced size image represent each gallery on the menu page.

yippi_yi_yo
09-29-2005, 04:59 AM
Thanks ^_^ That's some great ideas.