PDA

View Full Version : Content Slider

terryally
01-31-2010, 08:27 PM
1) Script Title: Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: I have tried all combinations without success and hence I am coming to you for help. I am using the auto display mode but I want the tabs to resolve to an external URL. As far as I see I can only do this in MARKUP but then it seems to only work in manual mode. Is there a way to combine MARKUp WITH AUTO MODE?

Appreciate your assistance.

ddadmin
02-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Hmm what do you mean by "resolve to an external URL"? Whether in manual or auto mode, the pagination links when clicked on shows a particular slide, and doesn't go to an external URL. Or do you mean something else?

terryally
02-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Hmm what do you mean by "resolve to an external URL"? Whether in manual or auto mode, the pagination links when clicked on shows a particular slide, and doesn't go to an external URL. Or do you mean something else?

Actually, yes. There was an example of this on the site (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm). It is the one with horses in autodisplay mode. The "tabs" were hyperlinked to actual URLs. It was the mouseover that displayed the picture and the mouse click that took you elsewhere.

As I understand it, this is when the toc is set to "markup" and the markup must be placed between the <div id="paginate-slider1" class="pagination"></div> tags. I can put the markup there but I lose the tab effect which I like very much - when the picture changes so does the accompanying tab.

My toc shows labels. When I attempt to include a hyperlink around each label, the JS script add a blank tab which is clickable but I want the real tab clickable.

Does that make sense?

Terry

ddadmin
02-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Hmm actually in manual mode you should be able to style the pagination links just as much as you're able to in the auto mode, if not more so. The pagination DIV class name can be anything you want, ie:

<div id="paginate-slider1" class="myclass"></div>

In other words, if you can style your pagination links when in auto mode, you should be able to do the same for manual instead...

terryally
02-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Some things were missing from the stylesheet.

When using labels, the script uses .paginate style in the stylesheet that comes with it. When switching to "markup" one has to replicate the .paginate style as #paginate-slider1.

Secondly and most importantly, the link in the markup has to read class="toc" which is not in the stylesheet so I am assuming that the script brings this to life and make the markup behave like auto mode.

Best