PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Slider: Pagination on top of images

eqmedia
01-29-2010, 01:52 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem:

I've used #2 with the horses as my starting point.

Instead of the pagination links being below the image, I would like it to appear on top of the image.

Ideally just one button which goes to the next image. I have two images and this button switches from one to the other.

I tried nesting in...
<div class="pagination" id="paginate-slider2"></div>
...in various places in the code.

Example...

<div id="slider4" class="sliderwrapper">

<div class="contentdiv" style="background: url(../dynamicindex4/lightbox2/horses.jpg) center left no-repeat"><div class="pagination" id="paginate-slider2"></div>
</div>

<div class="contentdiv" style="background: url(../dynamicindex4/lightbox/pine.jpg) center left no-repeat"><div class="pagination" id="paginate-slider2"></div>
</div>
etc.

It worked on the first one but when clicked but didn't show over the second image.

Any ideas on how to add Pagination Toggler on top of the image?

Thanks! :)

ddadmin
01-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Technically it shouldn't matter where you place the pagination DIV on the page, whether it's below or above the contents, as long as it's above the initialization code (featuredcontentslider.init()). Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

JASON1234
02-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem as eqmedia. I have the latest version v2.4.

It doesn't matter if I put a negative top margin to paginate or the paginate-slider1 and keep it in its current position in the code, or move the paginate div inside the contentdiv divs, I can't get the paginate controls to show on top of contentdivs.

I've also tried forcing the paginate div to the top with z-index but that doesn't work.

Looking at Firebug for eqmedia's method with the paginate controls within the content divs I can indeed see the paginate div html - but it is empty on all but the first contentdiv.

Sorry, I don't have a test site for you to observe this but should be a snip to recreate.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

ddadmin
02-10-2010, 02:17 AM
You may need to relatively position your pagination DIV, plus give it a high z-index value, to get it to appear on top of the contents themselves. See this thread: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46873

JASON1234
02-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Yes, that works. Should have figured it! I really appreciate your quick reply and help.
Thanks,
Jason