PDA

View Full Version : No link on header of Accordion Menu

pencil2print
01-24-2010, 06:31 PM
1) Script Title: Accordion Menu script (v1.7.1) (Arrow Slide)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu-arrow.htm

3) Describe problem:

http://pencil2print.net/doctor/linktests.html

I want to un-activate the link for "technical" where it just opens the sub headers of the menu, and not have "technical" go to another page. I just want it to open the sublinks, and still have it work. if I just remove the url, it destroys the menu.

Also, I don't want it to auto open when you go to the page. Please assist me on keeping it closed unless viewer clicks it?

thank you!

help? Sorry for the urgency, This has to go out tonight.

please and thank you!

thank you

ddadmin
01-25-2010, 08:22 AM
If you just want the menu header when clicked on to expand and not go to a URL upon doing so, you should modify the line in red below in your config code:

<script type="text/javascript">

//Initialize Arrow Side Menu:
ddaccordion.init({
headerclass: "menuheaders", //Shared CSS class name of headers group
contentclass: "menucontents", //Shared CSS class name of contents group
revealtype: "click", //Reveal content when user clicks or onmouseover the header? Valid value: "click", or "mouseover"
mouseoverdelay: 200, //if revealtype="mouseover", set delay in milliseconds before header expands onMouseover
collapseprev: true, //Collapse previous content (so only one open at any time)? true/false
defaultexpanded: [], //index of content(s) open by default [index1, index2, etc]. [] denotes no content.
onemustopen: false, //Specify whether at least one header should be open always (so never all headers closed)
animatedefault: false, //Should contents open by default be animated into view?
persiststate: true, //persist state of opened contents within browser session?
toggleclass: ["unselected", "selected"], //Two CSS classes to be applied to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["class1", "class2"]
togglehtml: ["none", "", ""], //Additional HTML added to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["position", "html1", "html2"] (see docs)
animatespeed: 500, //speed of animation: integer in milliseconds (ie: 200), or keywords "fast", "normal", or "slow"
oninit:function(expandedindices){ //custom code to run when headers have initalized
//do nothing
},
onopenclose:function(header, index, state, isuseractivated){ //custom code to run whenever a header is opened or closed
//do nothing
}
})

</script>

In other words, change it to "click" (instead of the current "clickgo").

Also, I don't want it to auto open when you go to the page. Please assist me on keeping it closed unless viewer clicks it?

That cah be done by setting "persiststate" above to false.

pencil2print
01-25-2010, 01:08 PM
thank you, I will try that :)