PDA

View Full Version : javascript fade effect not working 2nd time.

pshop
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi, I have javascript contentslider.css installed on my header.
There are 4 images that is suppose to have fade in effect.

I think it was working yesterday, but today I discovered that the effect is
only applied once in the first round and on the second round its applied only to the first slide of the set, I think..

Can someone please tell me, what could possibly be the problem so I can search for it?
This happens in all browsers..

Is it the divs? the div sizes??

Your help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

p.s. also discovered that its only displaying 3 of 4 images after the 1st round of slides...... please help..

featuredcontentslider.init({
id: "slider2", //id of main slider DIV
contentsource: ["inline", ""], //Valid values: ["inline", ""] or ["ajax", "path_to_file"]
toc: "markup", //Valid values: "#increment", "markup", ["label1", "label2", etc]
nextprev: ["Previous", "Next"], //labels for "prev" and "next" links. Set to "" to hide.
revealtype: "mouseover", //Behavior of pagination links to reveal the slides: "click" or "mouseover"
enablefade: [true, 0.05], //[true/false, fadedegree]
autorotate: [true, 5500], //[true/false, pausetime]
onChange: function(previndex, curindex){ //event handler fired whenever script changes slide
//previndex holds index of last slide viewed b4 current (1=1st slide, 2nd=2nd etc)
//curindex holds index of currently shown slide (1=1st slide, 2nd=2nd etc)

This is the code I'm using.

enablefade: [true, 0.05], //[true/false, fadedegree]
autorotate: [true, 5500], //[true/false, pausetime]

These 2 codes, do they have to be in some kind of a ratio/rule?

jscheuer1
01-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Please post about Dynamic Drive Scripts in the Dynamic Drive Scripts Help section here where I've moved this thread, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script(s) in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

The short answer to your question is: No.

In fact, that sounds really strange. I'd have to see it:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

pshop
01-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Thanks for your reply.

The problematic javascript fade effect is the right side header image.

It has 4 images, I think it only displays 3 when I have the autorotate pause time short.. I put 5500 now and it displays all 4 images now I think...

Please help me fix this issue. Thanks.

jscheuer1
01-22-2010, 01:50 AM
I need a link to a page that shows the problem happening (it can just be an orphan page somewhere on your site/the net, doesn't have to be linked to or from your other pages). Otherwise it would be just a shot in the dark trying to replicate this issue for you, much less solve it. I hope you understand.

pshop
01-22-2010, 03:16 AM
yes, its in the front page.
The top header.
If you look at the top header, there is a top banner on the right, that has the fade effect. The fade effect happens once, twice or three times and then disappears and then the effect happens again in the first slide and disappears again..

This top banner is on every page of the website, because its a header.

Thank you.

jscheuer1
01-22-2010, 05:23 AM
Link please. I'm sorry if I missed it, but I don't see the link to the problem that I requested:

I need a link to a page that shows the problem happening (it can just be an orphan page somewhere on your site/the net, doesn't have to be linked to or from your other pages). Otherwise it would be just a shot in the dark trying to replicate this issue for you, much less solve it. I hope you understand.

Without that I doubt I can be of any assistance in this.

pshop
01-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Thank you so much for your help.
Anyway, this problem has been resolved.
It was an issue with css and div.
Had to change positions and the width of the divs.
Just fixed it by trial and error method.
Took a long time to fix, but whatever works, I'm happy. :)

Thanks again.