PDA

View Full Version : How to add description to popup image? (PHP photo album)

matthead
01-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Hello. I'm new so any help would be greatly appreciated. I just started using the PHP Photo Album script v2.11 which is great. The problem is that I need to add a short manual description to each image in the enlarged popup image window (NOT a manual description to the thumbnail image). I would want to put this short description next to the left of the "CLOSE X" bar that is at the bottom of each image. I want to use a different description for each photo.

Is there a way to do this in list format so that i can continue to just add photos to my album and update the description list - rather than have to go in and change the html page everytime?? Thank you!

ddadmin
01-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Right now you can show a custom description beneath a thumbnail, by manually defining them on the page using the syntax:

//Optional, manual description for particular pictures inside album
//Syntax: albumid.desc[index]="Picture description here"
//eg: myvacation.desc[2]="This is description for the 3rd picture in the album"
//eg: myvacation.desc[6]="This is description for the 7th picture in the album"

Are you asking how to basically to move this description from the bottom of the thumbnail into the bottom of the enlarged image`s container?

kierant79
02-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Hi

it wasn't my question, but yes i would love to know how to move the description to the pop up window!

can it be done?

cheers